Our vision – ‘Developing ICT knowledge and skills for all our futures’
ICT and Internet Safety
@ Cwmrhydyceirw Primary
ICT has become a life-skill and digital competency is vital to access life-long learning and employment. We believe that it is advisable for parents to consider the importance of e-safety when allowing their children access to the internet at home.
These features of the Internet make it an invaluable resource used by millions of people every day …
- the internet is an open communications channel available to all.
- applications such as the World Wide Web (the ‘Web’), e-mail and chat all transmit information over the Internet to many locations in the world at low cost.
- anyone can send messages, discuss ideas and publish material with little restriction.
We need to be aware that:
- some of the material is published for an adult audience and is unsuitable for pupils.
- some people use the Web to publish information on weapons, crime and racism that would be more restricted elsewhere.
- e‑mail and chat communication could also provide opportunities for adults to make contact with children for inappropriate reasons.
The internet is an essential element in 21st century life for education, business and social interaction. Let’s make sure we are ‘S.M.A.R.T’ online at all times!!
The links below will provide resources/information linked to e-safety. Please do not hesitate to ask a member of staff about how we monitor e-safety at Cwmrhydyceirw.