Class teachers/athrawon: Mr. Williams, Mrs. Wootton, Mrs Hollis and Mr Henry
|Monday Dydd Llun||Outdoor PE (tracksuit bottoms and trainers).|
|Tuesday Dydd Mawrth||Indoor PE Kit (shorts/leggings and t-shirt).|
|Wednesday Dydd Mercher||Spelling test & new spelling lists given out (fortnightly).|
|Thursday Dydd Iau|
|Friday Dydd Gwener||Weekly SumDog homework to be completed (30 minutes).|
*Project work maybe given at certain times of the year to support the children’s learning.
Useful information/ Gwybodaeth ddefnyddiol:
- Reading – All children are heard reading at least twice a week as part of our daily-guided reading sessions. In addition to this, some children are daily readers and will need to bring their book in every day. Every child has been allocated a day to bring in their reading books, to enable us to check their reading book and comments. However please feel free to return books when your child has completed them. Please ask your class teacher if you are unsure of your child’s reading day. All pupils are expected to read to an adult at home throughout the week and independently as often as possible. Please write any comments in your child’s Reading Record.
- Spelling – Children are provided with differentiated spelling lists involving spelling patterns and some additional spellings they have identified as misspellings in their own work. At times, common misspellings and topic words maybe given.
- PE – Please note a change of clothes is required for PE lessons; t-shirts and shorts should be worn for indoor sessions, whilst t-shirts, joggers/shorts and trainers are required for outdoor sessions.
- Water bottles – Pupils are encouraged to bring water bottles to school, especially in warmer weather. Please note that they should only contain water and not squash, pop or sparkling flavoured water.
- Snack – Please ensure your child brings a healthy snack (fruit/vegetables) to school every day.
Our Year 5 Topics/Themau Blwyddyn Pump
|Autumn Term/Hydref||Bombs, Blackout and the Blitz – Bomiau, Blacowt a Blits – learning about World War 2 as part of our History focus.|
|Spring Term/Gwanwyn||Amazing Africa – Affrica Anhygoel
Animal habitats and a study of Africa as part of our Geography focus.
|Summer Term/Haf||Fighting Fit – Cadw’n heini – Exercise, fitness and health as part of our Science focus.|
Year 5 trips/Teithiau Blwyddyn Pump
|Autumn Term/Hydref||Bombs, Blackout and the Blitz/ Bomiau, Blacowt a Blits: WW2 Evacuation Day|
|Spring Term/Gwanwyn||Amazing Africa/Affrica Anhygoel:
West Midlands Safari Park
|Summer Term/Haf||Fighting Fit/Cadw’n heini: Residential|